Other important buildings in the parish include the mansion at Beechwood. Today it is a preparatory school, but the first recorded building on the site was the little nunnery of St Giles-in-the-Wood, founded about 1120 and dissolved by Henry VIII in 1537. Also of interest are the Almshouses opposite the Three Blackbirds, which are dated 1669 and the Three Blackbirds pub itself, the western wing of which is sixteenth century.